Wednesday, March 11, 2015

100 Book Reviews

100 Books

A few years ago I stumbled upon the app 'Goodreads' and I must say I am hooked on it! As an avid reader I find myself hitting it up like it's my Facebook or Twitter. In January, I decided to take the Reading Challenge which the app conveniently tracks for you. My goal is to read 100 books in 2015. I have read 13 so far and am currently on number 14.

In addition to the 100 books I would like to document my voyage by blogging book reviews! I need a project and my blog has been less than entertaining the past year. So for my debut I am reviewing the first book I read for the new year!


Burying Water by K.A. Tucker 


I gave this book 4/5 Stars on Goodreads. P.S. Don't worry,  nothing will be Spoiled within this post!

Burying Water was not my first book by K.A. Tucker and she has proven to be a new favorite author of mine. After reading the prologue I thought to myself, "I need to know what happened NOW." So I ate up the pages, starved for more, the second I finished the book.

Our heroine AKA Jane Doe, wakes up with Amnesia. After awhile she basically gets sick of such a morbid label and she renames herself Water. How, you ask? Did she come up with such a name? Well her only clue to her past was a tattoo she finds on herself that represents... everyone now... water. Although I wasn't completely a huge fan of her rebranding, because I kept thinking it was such a hippie boho name, I did appreciate the significance.

SO, anyway, Water is being taken care of by a wonderful doctor whose daughter is her nurse and who's husband, the sheriff, found Water who had been left for dead. Also, while in the hospital, Water finds herself with a roommate, an older woman named Ginny, who is as vicious and crotchety as they come but ends up taking a strong liking to her damaged roomie.

Upon leaving Water finds herself living with Ginny on her horse farm as her caretaker, who lives right next-door to the good Doctor and her family. Water is wracked with the mystery of solving her puzzle piece life and solving the mystery of the boy next door who seems strangely familiar.

I have found myself loving a good mystery and I am excited to read the next book in K.A.'s series.

Find me on Goodreads! Lets be friends!

                                               https://www.goodreads.com/kissmekitty

No comments:

Post a Comment